Use this simple technique to fade symbols on to the Stage.
- On the symbol’s layer, right-click the desired end-point frame for the animation and insert a keyframe.
- Click the start-point keyframe on the symbol’s layer, and then click the symbol to select it.
- In the Symbol Properties panel, under the Color Effect section, click the Style drop-down and choose Alpha.
- Slide the Alpha slider all the way to the left, until the field next to the slider reads 0 percent. (I’ll explain Alpha in a minute.)
- On the symbol’s layer, click the start-point keyframe and then SHIFT + click the end-point keyframe to select all the frames in the animation span.
- Right-click the selected frames and choose Create Classic Tween.
The text string now fades gradually on to the Stage. We used the Alpha option to achieve this affect. If you use Photoshop or Illustrator, you’ll know this feature as Transparency or Opacity. Alpha controls the transparency of an object. Zero Alpha is completely transparent, and 100 percent Alpha is non-transparent.
William Harrel – www.williamharrel.com